Fostering Futures-Kentucky Foster/Adoptive Care Associations, or KFACA is dedicated to the empowerment and encouragement of foster and adoptive families through advocacy and support. Fostering Futures is a representative body for all resource parents from across the state of Kentucky.
Fostering Futures-KFACA elects an executive board to collaborate with the Department for Community Based Services (DCBS) and legislators to promote the safety and permanency of Kentucky’s children who are at risk of abuse and/or neglect and provide support for the caregivers of at-risk children.
- To unite as a more effective group to advocate for children who are at risk and for those in out-of-home care.
- Recommend, encourage, and actively engage in the formulation and changes of policy which will promote action to meet the needs of these children and foster and adoptive parents.
- Develop training for foster and adoptive parents and agency staff.
- To increase public awareness of the foster and adoptive care programs and encourage recruitment and retention of foster parents by promoting a positive image of foster and adoptive parents.
- Provide ongoing support of the Foster Parents Bill of Rights that became law in July 2005.